There has never been a better time with unemployment under 3%.
Schools and other organisations are desperately hiring people for the following roles:
· Gardener, cleaner, administration, management, canteen, education assistants and many other roles.
Starting in July 2022, North Metropolitan TAFE are running a one-semester course on the skills required to be a successful candidate for employment in a school or elsewhere. The course aids in preparation for entry into gardening, cleaning, administration, management, education assistant and any other types of work.
We have had huge success supporting people to find work and the chances of gaining employment are strong. This course is suitable for people new to the workforce and people looking to change career or looking for a return to work.
The course includes:
• Training in skills specific to the role you are interested in e.g. IT skills
• Work experience in a school or other organisation
• Help and support to find work
• Help accessing further training as required e.g. Certificate III in Education Support
• Development of your job application cover letter, resume and help with selection criteria
• Strong work ethic
• Good oral and written communication
• Must be able to read procedures, safety sheets and chemical bottles
• Must be able to send and receive emails
• Successful completion of an entry interview
• Working With Children Check and a Department of Education Clearance
Dates – Starts week 1 of term 3 and runs for up to 20 weeks
Many students finish the course early because they find work
Days – 3 days per week, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9:15 until 2:45
Cost – Approximately $170 (subject to change) total course fee for full 20 weeks
Location – North Metro TAFE Leederville and on work experience
Qualification – GATE (Gaining Access to Training and Employment) Certificate I
If you would be interested in this course, please email:
Disclaimer: North Metropolitan TAFE does not guarantee work after completing this course. This course supports you to find work. The course is run by North Metropolitan TAFE (RTO code: 52786) and is not endorsed by any authority or government department other than North Metropolitan TAFE.