Dear Parents and Carers, School Board and Staff,
Every day we have another numbers update, announcement, restriction, stimulus package or expert comment. It has been terrific to work so closely with you and our staff to navigate these times with grace and courage. I believe our combined actions are resulting in calmer students who feel cared for and adults who are concerned yet informed, not alarmed.
Our school has moved swiftly to:
· ensure frequent, thorough handwashing
· allow disinfection of surfaces inside classrooms by ensuring each class has suitable spray and cloth wipes that are washed each day
· employ extra cleaning staff to replenish bathroom supplies, wipe surfaces and re-clean drink fountains
· teach our students about social distancing and healthy habits
· Offer extra Learning at Home options to support the Department of Education site
…all while keeping classroom learning experiences relevant, rigorous and valid.
I continue to share important COVID-19 information as it affects schools and our wider community, and thank you very much for the warm positives so many of you are emailing back. The appreciation shown to our staff, who continue to work extremely professionally even though their personal levels of anxiety around their own families might be high, fills us with gratitude. We have had morning tea provided for us by the P&C on all your behalves, glorious flowers delivered with an anonymous note of thanks, and many spoken and written messages of support. THANK YOU. We feel most grateful for your acknowledgement.
Announcement from the Premier today 26 March 2020
Today the Premier announced whilst all public schools will remain open until the end of term, families are strongly encouraged to keep their children at home if they have the capacity to do so.
I would like to share with you what this will mean for our school community:
Monday 30 March to Friday 3 April
· All children who attend school will be taught as normal.
Final week of Term – Monday 6 April to Thursday 9 April
· Students who attend will be supervised, but not taught normal lessons.
· Teachers and education assistants will prepare teaching programs for Term 2.
Term 2 – commencing Tuesday 28 April
· At this stage, arrangements for Term 2 have not been finalised. The State Government is working on developing a longer term education model for Term 2 and beyond in response to COVID-19.
Please be assured that when I receive further information I will provide details to you as soon as I can.
I would like to thank you for your support and cooperation during this unprecedented situation